Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Let us make Paper Planes again !

by Saalik Siddikki adamxaad@gmail.com - - - - - - - -

Yesterday I watched a young boy desparately trying to make a paper plane to fly but in vain. I had an urgency but his gloomy face compelled me to stop and help him solve the most difficult quiz of his age. - - - - - - - - I taught him to transform a simple plane out of an A4 size paper. The moment he saw the plane floating in the air brought a broad grin on his face. - - - - - - - - In actual fact, I have lately been passing through (rather resisting) the process of a severe nervous breakdown using my strongest power tool of positive thinking. And tell you what the child's grin made my day and relieved me of the irritant feelings for a couple of hours. - - - - - - - - I continued my travel to downtown, accomplished the necessary tasks and went to Jinnah Bagh (previously Lawrence Garden and one of my favourites in Lahore) to refreshen myself by taking pictures of amazing trees. Photography is my passion. - - - - - - - - While sitting there it just struck my nostalgic memories that I have not made a paper plane purely for myself almost during the last 42 years! (Now I'm 53). I assume you must also have the same experience. Now it seems to me a bit lamentable really. Oh my God, how and why I missed the priceless excitement for such a long time. I used to teach my own three kids, till 2000, how to make paper planes but they were meant only for them. None for me. - - - - - - - - Perhaps curiousity of growing age engaged me in other activities like sports, studies and watching television. - - - - - - - - The small boy's face is still before my eyes and I visualize my childhood going through the same pains of experimenting small miracles. And I have now decided to make it a habit to go in the parks, make paper planes only for myself and teach the wandering kids, with no apparent activity in mind, to fold the paper at perfect angles and enjoy the thrill of watching the drones going in the air. Most of them know well what a drone is. - - - - - - - - The war against terror definitley has some positive aspects. It has enhanced common man's vocabulary. - - - - - - - - While net surfing, I have discovered two best websites on making paper planes. Would like to suggest to you too to please bring a little change in your daily life that is being bombarded with tensions, frustrations, irritant behaviours and traffic nuisance.

No comments:

Post a Comment