Wednesday, February 24, 2010

12 YEAR OLD SARFARAZ KHAN - another TENDULKAR?

My all time favourite Sachin Tendulkar smashed One Day Cricket's first ever double hundred today against South Africa.  A great landmark indeed.  However my hero of the day is 12 year old Sarfaraz Khan from Springfield Rizvi School, Mumbai who scored 439 runs in 421 balls against Indian Education Society in a three day Harris Shield match.

It was in this tournament in 1988 when a 15 year old prodigal Tendulkar had scored 329 in a 664 run partnership with his childhood friend Vinod Kambli.

So, another star is rising on the horizon of Sub-Continent cricket.  He is reported to have said "I swear I will never hit another 400 in my life", "slogging on the field is a way easier than posing".

Whether he becomes another Little Master Blaster is yet to be determined but take my word for sure this guy is going to make a big mark in the history of cricket.

I have got another hero in the making.

God take care of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment